This policy covers how Volunteer Express treats personal information that Volunteer Express collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Volunteer Express products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Volunteer Express does not own or control, or to people that Volunteer Express does not employ or manage.
Volunteer Express collects personal information when you register with Volunteer Express, when you use Volunteer Express products or services, when you visit Volunteer Express pages or the pages of certain Volunteer Express partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Volunteer Express may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register with Volunteer Express and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. Volunteer Express collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of products and services that we offer. Volunteer Express automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Volunteer Express cookie information, and the page you request. Volunteer Express uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
When a child under age 13 attempts to register with Volunteer Express, we ask that the parent or guardian notify Volunteer Express. Volunteer Express will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission. Volunteer Express does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
Volunteer Express may set and access Volunteer Express cookies on your computer. Volunteer Express lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Volunteer Express' cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Volunteer Express products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many Volunteer Express products and services do not require that you accept cookies.
Volunteer Express uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: Access your information when you "sign in," so that we can provide you with customized content; Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Volunteer Express services -- for example, the local zip code you want to use in Volunteer Express products; Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Volunteer Express; Assist merchants which Volunteer Express uses to process the items in your shopping cart; Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic; Conduct research to improve Volunteer Express content and services; Require you to re-enter your Volunteer Express password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- You can edit your Volunteer Express Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Volunteer Express pages from time to time. Users can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- Please read below about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
- When you register with Volunteer Express or submit information to Volunteer Express, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human error.
- Volunteer Express keeps your account information active in our user registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your personalization preferences each time you visit Volunteer Express.
- If you ask Volunteer Express to delete your Volunteer Express account, in most cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user registration database in approximately 90 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
- Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
The Volunteer Express computers (called "servers") that send your web pages and advertising banners process and store an enormous amount of information every day. These computer records are called "log files." Log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as described above. After this information has been used, it is stored and is inaccessible. Until the information is stored, your Volunteer Express ID may remain in our active server log files.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Volunteer Express Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Volunteer Express uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Volunteer Express may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Volunteer Express account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
Volunteer Express Inc.
PO Box 100886
Nashville, TN 37224-0886
Tel: (615) 244-8636